Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Let Me Love


The prize winning verse, published in Deccan Chronicle on 13th July, 2003. My 1st poetry to be awarded.

For god’s sake hold your tongue, and let me love,
Or chide my palsy or my gout.
Let me stay with her and make love,
Or else the day will be gone.

With the aspiring beauties of her,
Inhaling the fragrance she exhibits.
Giving out the gift of her presence,
That makes me believe that I still have to live.

The blowing of the wind and the slight drizzle,
With the environment so romantic and the meet so little.
I want to be with her and loose not a minute,
As the moment might be gone.

Let me live my life today,
And live it as if, it was my last day.
Tomorrow I may be gone,
And loving her might become just a dream.

String me to her, let the bells ring,
I believe I love her,
And can be with her all my life.
For god’s sake hold your tongue, and let me love her – forever and ever.

5 comments:

Sanjay Chhabria said...

Trying to change the tempo...

Planning to post different material - and stop the heart breaking stuff for now...

keep visiting...

Sanjay Chhabria said...

This one was published in the 'Be a poet' column of Deccan chronicle.

In this contest they give us the first verse (the first 4 lines) and we are supposed to write the rest of the poetry.

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice and sweet :)

tashabud said...

So romantic. I wish I know how to write poetry.

Amrita said...

Real nice one sanjay....