Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Promise kept... forever

Thoughtful I was, depressed I became, 
From the state of extreme sadness, I turned numb. 
Even my guess work had given up on me, 
When she was lead into the theatre for an operation.

I closed my eyes, and let the seconds pass by. 
It ticked and ticked, and the time dawdled through.
Every second made me shiver and mindlessly tremble. 
Tears started dripping slowly, as my depression grew. 

Engrossed I was completely, 
Unaware of what was happening around, 
Longing to see them both, coming out together, 
Craving to talk to her and hear my baby’s first sound. 

Finally the glory is bestowed, the rays have crept in, 
The voice of an angel signs the beginning of a new thrill.
It kick starts the smashing smiles, flashing on everyone present,
When that amazing sight of that extremely gorgeous face is unveiled.

Behind her was towed, my beautiful lady,
With all smiles, as she had promised me, 
In all excitement she said ‘Sweetheart! I am back…. Just for you.’ 
I burst into tears, & whispered ‘Babes… Thanks a lot…. I Love You’

No comments: