Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yelling... (Kavita's Poetry --- Rephrased)

There is this poetry written by Kavita (Named - Luvikavi) called - Yelling. I just came across this while dropping cards on the blogs. It's written in a style, as I would write my diary or talk to someone. But I felt there was something missing and it could get more creative... no hard feelings!!

Therefore, I rephrased the same and put in some feelings in her poetry and posted it in her comments.

Kavita, the author, replied - Hey, thanks for the comment. However, the poem I was commenting on was something she wrote more than 5 years ago.

My rephrased poetry goes this way... MIND YOU - The first lines are written by Kavitha, and the second lines are phrased by me... Do let me know your thoughts on this…

I yelled at my mom cause, she said I wasn't serious,
Later I realized that she cared and was absolutely right.

I yelled at my sister cause, she wrote on my homework
Her scribbling read – I love you, and would miss you after you leave to NY in tomorrow’s flight.

I yelled at my brother because he drove his remote control car, Right into my foot!
His intention was to save me from stepping on the broken glass pieces.

I yelled at the weatherman because he said it would snow
Though it did not snow, staying back at home helped me cure my cold.

I yelled at my friend cause, she wasn't being honest
As she said 'she hated me and didn’t want to see me all her life.'

I yelled at myself cause, I wasn’t able to recognize their love.
Nor did I listen to their advice

2 comments:

Kavita (luvikavi) said...

hi! Nice revisions. I guess the original poems reelected the thoughts of a 13-14 year old immature person. Things have changed a lot during the past 8-9 years. If I were to rewrite it today, it would sound a lot like your poem!

Sanjay Chhabria said...

Thanks a lot... for taking this as a constructive one.