Monday, October 6, 2008

The Eternal Depression


Sad are the feelings which pop in my heart,
Sad are the days which go by
So sad and gloomy on the situation I’m in,
That there is no person or a thing I can rely

Been bombarded with different thoughts,
Forced to hear and do things which are unethical,
No one understands my feelings these days
Have begun to curse the world and started betraying my life

The world has become the worst place to live in,
Don’t know where the destiny is planning to take me along.
Can’t leave or even think of discouraging the bonding so far acquired
Nor want to live it up and neither sulk in it lifelong.

Passing through the stage of dismay,
Where everything feels so artificial,
Family, friends, relations and the other such associations
Have started to seem as if, they were completely unreal.

I am so sad and distressed in this feeling of love and the game of my heart,
Neither am I able to survive nor commit suicide.
I am so obsessed with this state of depression,
That would die one day of this mental homicide.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't see much optimism in this one, but it is very powerful.

Sanjay Chhabria said...

Though an Optimist... this poetry was written Yesterday, when I was extremely Sad and completely depressed...

This poetry depicted my feelings... which turned into words.

Great to hear that you felt it too.

Anonymous said...

It's an emotional poem, but the second verse (especially the second line) breaks the flow and pattern jarringly.

Anonymous said...

Depression is very sad. My Mom lives with it daily and this poem reminded me so much of her.

Kavita (luvikavi) said...

Aww this isn't a very happy poem, but the poem does convey intense feeling and emotion. I hope you feel better. BTW, if you like English movies, you should watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Your poem reminded me of the movie for some reason. I think you'll like it.

Sanjay Chhabria said...

Thanks guys for all the comments. Just a gentle reply to appreciate it all -

Ferox: Thanks a lot for a critical reply. I need some critics to improve my style I write poetries. Going forward would surely keep that part in mind...

Angel: My poetries usually surround people's feeling. This time it was mine.

I hope your Mom is fine now?

Kavita: I finally AM feeling better. But yet not out of the depression. Another one "Delusionary Departure" is soon to follow in few days.

And thanks for the suggestion, haven't seen the eternal sunshine yet. Would watch it this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, but she's still depressed. She has chornic depression and sometimes doesn't take her medication. She just quits it for a while until things get so bad that she's forced to go back on.

Sanjay Chhabria said...

Angel: That's seriously bad. I hope and pray that she comes out of this trauma.

Vridhi said...

This one's surely very touchy,... And very emotional Indeed.

Sanjay Chhabria said...

Hey Ferox - - - I have changed teh second line of the second verse to keep the flow & pattern as it is...