Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Too many entries left 'eternal depression' depressed.

I entered the woof contest again this week. With my poetry the The Eternal Depression.


But this time there were too many entries - much better than mine. This made me realize that - I need to improve more on the way I write and put in some strong feelings in my poetries like the winners did.

The details of the contests and the winners are -

WOOF Contest – Top Picks:

About Writing
Lisa Alber - “What I Will NOT Do in the Next Few Days
- How I met an anthology deadline in under four days.
Poetry
Chungyen Chang - “when birds breathe - Visual verse on flight and despair. Please read from the bottom-up.
Robert Bourne - “The Middle years and My Paradoxical Soul - An inner reflective poem,
Fiction/Prose/Artistry/Monologue
Puneet Kaur - “Standing still...” - The post is a simple painting that has many colours, many shades... time, music, ecstasy, hope.... life in general.... the course that life would take..... and much more!!
Jennifer M Scott - “495 to Baltimore - Two monologues about illicit love.

Brought to you by
PlotDog Press with the Serial Thriller "Dead Play"

2 comments:

Vridhi said...

Hey Sanjay, this doesn't mean you don't write well.

Personally I like whatever you write. But I would suggest you improve on your vocabulary.. and the presentation style.

Experiment with words and phrases rather than just rhymes.

Sanjay Chhabria said...

Thanks for the suggestions Vridhi. I really appreciate it.